Ministry Research Funding Opportunities
Health System Research Fund at a Glance
Building on the scientific excellence and strategic value provided by Ontario-based researchers, the HSRF will fund policy relevant research across the province. The HSRF is based on the MOHLTC health system research strategy, established in 2008 and updated in 2012.
The HSRF consists of three streams.
- Majority of HSRF funds are in this stream
- Strategic three-year investments in programs of health services/system and population health research and/or knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) that will focus on identified priorities
- 2012/13 call was structured to promote collaboration and to support quality research that will lead to results within a three year timeframe
Priorities ensure that selected programs are responsive to health system policy needs. For more information please see the HSRF Program Awards page.
- Provide smaller grants to a large number of researchers and students
- Maximize opportunities to leverage health research investments
- Broker partnerships across health research funders to increase funding opportunities for Ontario researchers and research teams
Specialized Research Centres
- Provide stable funding to specialized research centres/foundations
- Funding for the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences the Ontario Mental Health Foundation and Women's College Hospital: Women's Exchange
To view PDF format files, you need to have Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer.
You can download this free software from the Adobe Web site.
For More Information
Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
Health System Strategy and Policy Division
Planning, Research and Analysis Branch
8th Floor Hepburn Block, 80 Grosvenor Street
Toronto ON M7A 1R3
Fax : 416-327-3200
E-mail : ResearchUnit@ontario.ca