The Strategy aims to engage primary care providers and provide low back pain clinical tools for their practice needs. The goal is twofold :
- To enhance the knowledge of providers and patients.
- To give them access to approaches and tools that will support high quality care for patients with low back pain.
The province has developed an education program for referring primary care providers that was rolled out as follows :
- February/March 2013 - In-person training.
- March 2013 - Online clinical tools (see below)
- July 2013 - Online training.