Healthy Smiles Ontario
Who is eligible?
Children 17 and under may be eligible if :
- They are residents of Ontario;
- they are members of a household with an Adjusted Family Net Income of $20,000 per year or below; and
- they do not have access to any form of dental coverage (including other government-funded programs, like Ontario Works).
To qualify, you will need to show the following documents* during the application process :
- Your Annual Goods and Services Tax (GST) Credit Entitlement Notice
- Your Annual Canada Child Tax Benefit and Ontario Child Benefit Notice (most recent tax year)
- Your Government-issued identification (valid Ontario Health Card, Passport, Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Resident Card, Canadian Immigration Identification Card, OR valid Ontario Driverâ€™s License)
- Your child's valid Ontario Health Card
*Note : if this documentation is not available, please contact your local public health unit.
For More Information
To find out more about Healthy Smiles Ontario and to see if you qualify, call:
ServiceOntario, Infoline at 1-866-532-3161
In Toronto, TTY 416-327-4282
Hours of operation : 8:30am - 5:00pm
or, call your local public health unit.
If you are not eligible for the Healthy Smiles Ontario program, other dental services may be available to you or your family :