Change of Address

If you are moving or have moved:

You are required by law to inform the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care if you change your address. It is important that you keep your address up-to-date in order to keep your OHIP coverage active. Keeping your address up-to-date will also ensure that you receive any communications from the ministry about your OHIP coverage.

There are four ways to update your address:

  1. Use the to update your change of address online.
  2. Forms are available on Forms Online or from your local ServiceOntario centre.
  3. Send a letter or visit your local ServiceOntario centre. You must include your name, health number, telephone number, current address, and new address including postal code. Go to to find the centre nearest you.

If you have a photo health card and update your residential address, you may receive a new health card. Your address will not be shown on the back of the card. If your photo health card has expired, you must visit a ServiceOntario centre in person.

If you have a red and white health card, or photo health card, that does not show your address on the back of the card, you can continue to use it and the ministry database will be updated with your change of address information.

December 2012

For More Information

Call ServiceOntario, Infoline at:
1-866-532-3161 (Toll-free in Ontario only)
TTY 1-800-387-5559.
In Toronto, TTY 416-327-4282
Hours of operation: 8:30am - 5:00pm

If you are a member of the media, call Communications and Marketing Branch at 416-314-6197 or visit our News Room section.

  • Connect With Us
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS